Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Carrier?? Type of Service??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cipher7836

Technical User
Dec 20, 2010
US
CARRIER: Windstream
SYSTEM: IPOffice 500V2
I have a question regarding what options we have phone carrier wise. Or any suggestions you all can offer as to who and what to go with. In any case, we are a charity and rely HEAVILY on our phone system. If donors can’t reach us it means we lose whatever amount of money they were going to graciously donate to us.
We currently use Windstream as our carrier. We get a T1 from them. We have several numbers on that T1. We have an IPOffice 500v2 phone system. We just had it upgraded a few months ago to the most current, stable version of software Avaya offers.
I’ve posted about the issue we’re having in this forum. Callers will get busy signals or dead air when dialing into us. However, from the call examples I’ve gathered it seems that callers have this issue when they call from OUTSIDE our local area code. If we call from a local number there doesn’t seem to be any issues. I’ve asked remote users in our area code if they have had issues calling in, and they say they have not. They get through to us on EVERY call.
A forum poster advised us on getting VOIP trunks from another carrier. This is because Windstream has failed to help us, and all signs (and experts) point to Windstream as being the issue. I’ve already opened a second ticket with them, and they aren’t responding to my requests either emailed or called in.
I would like to be able to offer management some suggestions as far as carrier, and type of service go. Meaning, do we stick to a T1 or go to VOIP trunks? Or is there some other alternative?

your right to get rid of windstream, have heard lots of complaints about them, I can not advise which carrier to go with as I do not know where you are located bur SIP trunks seem to be more and more popular these days and are cheaper than a pri.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

For SIP trunks....do you just call ATT or some other carrier and request them? How have they benefitted you?

cost is the main reason, most carriers are providing sip trunks these days but we are in the US.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back