Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't upgrade to 9.1 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolob4all

Vendor
Sep 13, 2010
US
For some reason system doesn't allow upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1
Upgrade license is applied.
The error I'm getting is "Please check if system has any legacy carrier cards installed....."
Is VCM v1 card (700417389) considered legacy for v9.1?
See picture for configuration

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2a1cc15b-04ff-4ca7-995a-167852b683fb&file=Picture.PNG
Did you picture? How can I clear old cards that are not present any more?

If you can't delete, move the cards around, on reboot that should clear it out.

Kind regards

Gunnar
_______
B.U.B.F

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

What actually happens? I've never seen a system refuse to upgrade because of components, the unsupported parts just show permanent red after the upgrade if they aren't supported.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

make sure that the password is correct.
Go into the security settings and retype it, then upgrade again.

the ones you can't check on are the parts that are no longer supported but you don't need that if you don't have these parts installed

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I still have modules greyed out even When I have all modules unplugged. It there a way to clear it out? Those modules might be installed before, but were replaced or removed from the system

the ones greyed out are the parts that are no longer supported but you don't need that if you don't have these parts installed

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"

Save your configuration. Install just the supported hardware. Perform a system reset using the reset button. Upgrade to 9.1. Offline edit your config to remove the cards. Upload the config.

Not sure why it shows hardware that is not installed but it always does. It shows all parts you have bin files for when you upgrade even if you have just a combo card. The 9.1 shows all the bin files you have and also the ones you can't install because there are none. Must be some sort of safety so that you can see last second that some hardware is not working any more.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

It makes sense to upgrade (upload bin files) for hardware that is not present to ensure adding hardware is possible without the need to upload new bin files.

But I am leaving the OPs issue.

The error I'm getting is "Please check if system has any legacy carrier cards installed....."
That is not an Error, it is a Warning.

It is telling you to double check your hardware before pulling the trigger. Obviously, you don't have anything that is not supported, so go ahead and proceed.

The items that are greyed out aren't anything that physically exists in your configuration, so put in the password and continue.

Here is update.
I removed all cards, ignored the warning and installed v9.1.
After that, all greyed out items for hardware that wasn't present magically disappeared.
Thanks everybody for your help and ideas.

I just did an upgrade fro 8.1.69 to 9.1.6
Got the same warning message as stated.

I don't have any legacy cards as the system was only installed less than 2years ago.

I just pressed ok and proceeded with the upgrade.

All ok.

Greyed out Legacy card info disappeared .

Its a standard warning and it is just a warning, it does not actually stop the upgrade.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back