Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant find the IP Address of IPO 406

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedphone

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2010
US
Friend of mine got a IPO from a customer who went out of business. He doesnt have the IP address of the unit. Tried using angry ip scan but taking long time. Any one have a suggestion? there isnt a way to default the 406?V2 without having the ip address?

if you dont need the current cfg then just default the unint using the DTE port (see the FAQ's)

otherwise check the log output on the dte port while booting the system & it will announce the IP address in hex

eg 192.168.42.1 = C0A82A01

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

ah - yes... now i remember... thats on the knowledge base correct?

Using Wireshark seems like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut when all the information is available straight from the DTE port though

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

Open Manager with TFTP Monitor open - you should see the IP address from the BOOTP when you boot up the IP Office... At least I vaguely remember you do!

ACS - IP Telephony + IP Office
ACA - Too many to remember
ACSS - Would do it but i don't get a free TShirt anymore!

DTE it, fire the config back in and then address it at your leisure, only takes 5 minutes to do :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

DTE:

at-debug
system

this will show the ip address and the software level of the ipo.

Also erasenvconfig and eraseconfig will default it

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

FYI - defaulted unit and it worked .... was simpler that trying to scan all the IP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back