Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't call 911 ... 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdom

MIS
Oct 5, 2005
US
Hi everybody:

We had a motor vehicle accident in front of our building last week, which prompted us to call 911 for emergency assistance. To my surprise, the call wouldn't go through, so I had to use a cell phone. I started digging to see if this is a problem with the UCx or a problem with the CO.

When we dial calls, we usually see "ringing" as the call is being sent to the CO, and after that happens, the text changes to "online".

When I dial 911, I get the "ringing" text, and as soon as it says "online" a voice (which I don't think is from the UCx) comes on and says, "We're sorry, your call did not go through. Please try your call again."

I'm including snapshots of our outdial pattern and our dialplan pattern setups so you can see them. They look fine to me. Any thoughts?

screenshot.80_kqtukv.jpg

screenshot.79_hfjubz.jpg

Here is what is set in general Nortel properties:

screenshot.119_j8fve6.jpg

Should I remove all of these?

Didn't consider dialing options in general nortel properties.
I always leave it a default .T

should I remove everything else and just keep the .T islandtech?

If it were my system, I would leave it at default. But I'm unaware of your overall dialing needs.

For grins, I took everything out except .T That didn't do anything either. Still the same results. All of the dialing happened as expected, however, so it didn't affect anything adversely.

I don't have access to my clients gs gw to see if there is any type of logging.
Was the gateway was rebooted or power cycled after changing the configuration?

Well friends ... I can finally put this to rest (and under 50 posts!!) I am indebted to UCXNortel for figuring out the culprit! As we suspected, it was the Grandstream. Under the "channels" page, there's a section for port scheduling schemas. In the "prefix to specify port" field, the default is 99. For whatever reason, mine was set to only one 9. All of the other x11 calls worked that didn't involve a 9. But as soon as I dialed 911, the system thought I was selecting a channel and not placing a call - thus the error message and incomplete calls. I placed a test call to 911, and got through successfully. A good thing to check if anyone ever has this problem again!!

Thanks to EVERYONE who helped troubleshoot - I'm grateful! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back