Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID shows SIP domain name in call log. Can't dial. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc3957

ISP
Aug 24, 2004
US
Hi,

I have an IPO 500v2 running 9.1.3. I have several 9508 phones and use Flowroute as my SIP trunk provider. Calls work great, but I'm having an issue with the call log. It shows my missed calls, but the caller ID is written as "18185554444@fl.gg". If I push the Call button I get the error tones (obvious because the number cannot be called).

Two questions:
1) How can I configure the call log to dial 9 when calling back
2) How can I get the "@fl.gg" removed from my call log?

Thanks,
Phil

1 Adjust the "National Prefix" and "Interational Prefix" to 90 and 900
2 don't know, never had a issue with that, play aroung with the settings

I got the "9" part working by using the three Prefix options in the Line section for my SIP trunk. Thanks for the tip!

I no longer get the "bad extension" error noise (fast alternating beeps) when I try to call from the Call Log. Now it looks like the call goes through, but then I get "Waiting for Line" and three short beeps. This repeats every few seconds. I've had this problem when my SIP trunk was down, but it's not and even while one phone is doing this I can use my cell phone to call in and it goes through, so the trunk is definitely available.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Thanks,
Phil

what does your ars entry look like, you may no longer need the "@fl.gg part

I do too believe the problem is related to the "@fl.gg", which is added by my SIP provider on incoming calls. I'm not sure how to tell the Call Log not to record the extra part. Perhaps one of the header options in the SIP Trunk setup (although I don't know which).

My ARS table is really simple with only one entry:

Code: N;
Tel Num: N"@sip.flowroute.com"
Feature: Dial
Line Group: 5 <this is the Line Group ID my SIP Trunk is set as.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

Is this on users logging missed hunt group calls?

Yes! All phones are set to log hunt group calls (these are actually the only kind of calls the phones receive).

It's a bug. A second redial will work. No fix yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back