Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID gone after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagnonal

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2006
CA
I upgraded our 403 system from 2.1 to 3.1. Everything went fine, but our 4602SW phones have lost caller id functionality. They display the date and time on line 1 and the extension number on line 2. This never changes. All other phones still work fine...and I know the caller id is making it to the phone, because some have Phone Manager and the caller id shows up.

Sorry I didn't mention that in the original thread, but the phones firmware was also upgraded. That's pretty well automatic when you upgrade the system...

I'm a newby, so I don't know what assisted transfers means?

What 3.1 release?

I have had this on 3.1.48 but it was solved in 3.1.65

We're on 3.1.29...I'll try the .56 upgrade.

I had exactly your problem on a 412 system with 4602IP phones. The system was a 3.1.56 and I took this problem from a customer that cannot solve it.

I removed the admin tools and make sure you delete all avaya/manager folders.
Re-install 3.1.56 admin tools on your server and reboote the system.
Re-register your ip phones one after the other, by pressing MUTE,7,3,7,3,8 (MUTE, RESET).

Try phone after phone and your display will come back to normal.

Cheers

I upgraded to 3.1.65...the phones rebooted automatically and the caller ID returned...must have been a bug in 3.1.29.
Works great now...thanks for your help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back