Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Log Time 1 Hr off on Digital Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhyder

Vendor
Sep 21, 2006
US
Any one have any problems with the call log time displaying the wrong time on call? Example phone recieves a call at 10 am. When you view the log on the phone it shows the call at 9 am.

Change the Time from the IPO thru the Manager or on a User.

Create a Button

Label; Change Time
Action; Self-Administrer
Action Data; 2

Set the User to System Phone in the Telefony tab.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

Also Reboot the Phones could help.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

this is to do with the clock going back, just set the time server to the PC (i.e voicemail) with manager on it and re boot you wont get this ever again as long as the clock is correct on the PC selected as the time server

The time was right on the manager PC.It did update itself when daylight savings time changed and the IPO is set to get its time from the Manager PC.

So would my best bet be reboot the server, or the phones?

Yes we do have a PRI. Does Avaya show this as a problem? I have since found that I have another site with the same problem. It only effects the log on the phones. How is the PRI involved?

I didn't know this until recently, but apparently on the incoming call a time and date stamp is sent by the carrier. If the carrier's time is off you get a bad log entry. Somehow this is making its way to the call log. This is the working theory, I have no hard evidence of this but this is the angle I believe they are working on it from.

I could be wrong. Do take it to the bank.

You would think the system would log the time from itself. My call accounting is showing proper times on calls.

Thinking about what you said, the problem should only happen on trunk calls to a station. An inhouse call should log properly.

Who is working on this problem for you? Did they give you any idea when it would be resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back