Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Foward issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTLegend

Programmer
May 14, 2007
US
Console was replaced with 6424 set type. When call forwarding from outside it does not work. Inside call forward works. What or where should I check to see why this feature no longer works properly with new set type.

Thank you in advance.

More than likely the COS was changed and now it does not have permissions to call forward off net. Check it on the "disp cos".

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Mike,

Thank you for your suggestion. I did change her COS from 3 to 0 which enabled console permissions. This is a G3siV9 and I don't see call forward off net as an option. We are having trouble receiving calls from off-Net on the call forwarded station. Inside calls are successful.

This may come into the trunk to trunk transfer issue then. I would not recommend turning it on to do it either. This opens up the door for Toll fraud. Something that is much more secure to do and still works (if not even better) is remote coverage path.

Try "ch cov rem 1" . It should allow you to put in the outside number that you want to forward this phone to. Place a 9 and then the number or whatever you ARS codes are to dial outside.

Set up a coverage path place whatever entry you did on the remote coverage path form. Should work for you.

* I usually set this up on the cover path for SAC and next linkage. This lets the phone roll around while they are there. Then when they leave they hit SAC and the calls roll off-premise with them. [wink]

Thomas A. Edison

Did this work for you???

Thomas A. Edison

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have been out all day and just returning. I will give your suggestion a try.

Again Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back