Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Coverage Appearance between systems

sbankscharles

Technical User
Oct 8, 2023
US
Thanks to this group, I now understand, and appreciate, group overflow. I now also understand why things do not appear to be working for me. I read in the documentation that call coverage appearance is not supported between systems. I have three systems for three buildings, each having a reception desk. Desk A & B are on the same system and C is on a different system. My overflow groups for A & B first go to C, then A to B and B to A if C is busy. Typically, most calls are handled by A & B so, if they make it to C chances are C will pick it up.

When they setup the system, I don't believe C existed yet, so B has a CCA button for A and A has one for B. I wanted to setup a CCA button for both A & B on C since that is what handles the overflow. Two questions:
1. Will call overflow work in my situation (between systems) ? Talking with several ladies who work at C, it is hard to determine if a call comes in from A or B but would be extremely helpful to know.
2. Is there no way to indicate on C when a call is coming from the overflow group?

Thanks Again
Charles

If you use group overflow it will work if you advertise the group so that it appears in every system and then you add which ever user you need to be getting the calls.

I usually leave all the groups in a single system to keep it more streamlined for programming changes but you can have them in every one of the systems.

You can try putting a group button for the main group on C. It should flash whenever there is a call ringing that group and you can also use it to pickup the call for that group. I don’t think I have done this between two different systems but it is easy to setup and try.

If you use group overflow it will work if you advertise the group so that it appears in every system and then you add which ever user you need to be getting the calls.

I usually leave all the groups in a single system to keep it more streamlined for programming changes but you can have them in every one of the systems.
Westi,

My groups are advertised and I can see it on C. When I go into Buttons and select CCA the list of users does not contain my overflow group. If I just put the extension for that group in I get a message that I must add a valid user.

Charles

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back