Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Button feature invalid when hot desking 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMar

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2013
US
Hello gurus,

I need assistance with an issue I'm having with a customer trying to work from outside his office. The scenerio is as follows:

A user in site A needs to work in site B of the SCN. He went up to the phone he was going to be using at site be (ext 524) and pressed *36 to logout the current user. He then logged in with his extension and pin (ext 454). He is able to log in and use the phone but has no buttons on the display, it says button feature invald. Any ideas what can be going on here?

You need buttons assigned by user rights and have the exact same user rights in both systems (names and config) :)

Thanks, for the pointer. I had user rights assigned but they were not named the same. Changed the name on one system to match the other and boom, buttons showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back