Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Broadcast Voicemail over SCN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameshen

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2006
US
IP Office 3.1.65
Centralized VMPro
7 Sites connected with SCN

Is there a way to broadcast a voicemail to all extns/vmail boxes over the SCN?

I know that you can do individual sites with a hunt group set to broadcast, but is there a way to cover all the vmail boxes on the SCN?

Not until Rls 4 because remote SCN users can't exist in local hunt groups yet.

Kris G.

You should be able to build a module to do it. We have a satellite office in Philly and we do it via SCN. It's only one office, but I think it work for 7 just the same if the extensions are different.

I will post an example soon.

Excellent! Didn't think about using a module. I'll be anxiously awaiting your example.

Thanks!

Thank you for your help! I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

I thought that ONLY worked on centralized voicemail environments, as the voicemail system wouldn't know the reference to extension numbers not stored on its own database.

Kris G.

Thanks MTVilla. Works beautifully!

The only minor issue that I ran into was needing to restart the VMPro service to get it to recognize all of my changes. I don't know if that's common or not, but I've run into that a couple times. "Save & Make Live" doesn't always do the trick. Occasionally I have to restart the service to get it to pickup the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back