Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BM12 problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

testman1

Vendor
Oct 7, 2007
US
I have a IP500v2 system with 9.1.12.0.213 firmware. I have connected a BM12 to a 9508 telephone instrument. Any button I program on the BM12, also appears on the 9508 telephone on what I would call the fourth screen. So if I program a line appearance on the BM12, it also appears on the 9508 telephone even though it isn't programmed on the telephone instrument.

Am I just missing something simple?

Thanks.

I don't know what you mean about "the fourth screen". There are 3 pages of buttons on a 95/9608 numbered 1 - 24 in Manager. The first button on the first add-on module (BM12) in button 25.

Yes, normally three screens of 8 buttons, but when I plug in a BM12, and program the BM12 with any type of button, that button will show up on a 'fourth' screen on the 9508 telephone instrument.
I have upgraded the firmware on the 500v2 system from 9.1.8.0 to 9.1.12.0.213. I though that would take care of the problem.
I have multiple BM12's and no mater where I put them, they all have the same problem. The problem is system wide, and the problem is also on the 9608 telephone instruments.

It is some type of bug. I hope is isn't in the configuration.

I was hoping someone else has seen this.

I've actually seen this in R9.1 and know what you're talking about.

I don't know if there is actually a solution or not.

I'm on R11.1 now so I will try and replicate it for you when I get a chance and see if it still displays this way.

My guess is that it's working as designed though but I'll come back to you.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Thanks. Very interesting. It seems like a bug, but who knows.

OK I've replicated the problem on the latest release of IPO, R11 FP 1 SP 1:

This is how I've seen it for as long as I've had an IP Office.

If you have call appearances programmed on buttons 25, 25, etc (See my example of appearance d & e) when selected/in use, it appears on a page on the 9608 handset. This is how It's always worked for me and I thought it was normal?

9608-1_c909g9.jpg

9608-2_uwoggp.jpg

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Thank you. You have saved me so much time and testing. This is a VERY big help. I can't thank you enough. Have a great day!

@Testman1 - You're very welcome.

If anyone here knows of a way to stop the call appearances from displaying on the main handset display as demonstrated in the second picture, please let us know! I suspect this is working as designed though.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Is it just call appearances or is it any button?

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

It is any type of button. Basically it is a duplication of anything on the BM12 is duplicated on the telephone instrument.

This is probably working as designed. You will also probably find that you can remove the Button Module and the phone will work just fine - you just have to go down further in the “pages” on the main screen to see it.

I was just told that this is a known problem with all version of software/firmware, but Avaya is now calling it a feature. LOL

Thanks for your post.

Typical Avaya "Feature" LOL

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back