Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 8.6 fails to backup W2K system state on remote server 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mduke

MIS
Oct 26, 2001
US
Hello,
I'm in the process of evaluating Backup Exec 8.6 The test configuration consists 2 W2K servers.
All backups of the local server (tape attached) work fine.
The remote server has no problems backing up the drives but fails with the following message when attempting to bakup the system state. Both servers are on the same domain.
Any insight into this would be appreciated.

ERROR 'Unable to attach to \\TESTSVR\System?State.
The device cannot be found.

Hi dellboy.

Sounds like I could use that word doc!
jt@bt-svenska.com

Thanks a lot / JT

Hey Delboy, I would like a copy of the word document myself if you don't mind. Thnaks! lswinton@mssi2000.com

Sweetwater

Like mduke I am having troubles also with backing up the system state on a remote server, as well as backing up the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Information Store and Directory. I receive the following errors in the log

Unable to attach to \\OURSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Directory.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Unable to attach to \\OURSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Information Store.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Unable to attach to \\OURSERVER\System?State.

The remote agent is installed on the remote server. I have searched the veritas knowledge base for hours with no solution. If anyone has a solution please post it.

Can I have a copy of that word document Delboy

pebbles79@bigpond.com

Hi dellboy,

1st time tektips user, i tried posting a reply but don't know if it went.

Anyway, if you still have that document that everyone wants, please forward copy to lvu@aml.com

regards
greencloud

Dellboy,
my email Sheila_fowlkes@labor.state.ak.us
Your documentation would be great !!

dell boy can i get a copy of that word doc as well.
dave95c@yahoo.com

Thanks,
dave95c

ME me me me, I have been fighting Backup exec for several months now, as long as the remote server is in the domain it backs up fine, but when its out of the domain, as a stand alone, I get a hold error.

send me the doc also please

gmartin@ksu.edu

Hi Delboy,

You could be the saviour. Please forward that word doc to me

swatt@tmsdi.com

Cheers

Red

Can you please send me this doc?

Thanks.

chris_picerno@yahoo.com

I'd like to get a copy of that doc as well dellboy if its not too much of a hassel.
Thanks
swilliams@graffiti.net

I might as well join the boat hope it is not sinking
tp205@yahoo.com

Another one jumping on the band wagon, any chance I could get the document as well!!?

jthompson@bbt.co.uk

Dellboy,

Please add me to your huge list of people to send that helpful doc. abrandon@acerefrigeration.com

Can you foward me the Doc as well. Thank you very much!!
benitos@stcc.cc.tx.us

Hi Dellboy

Looks like you should have wrote a book about it!

Please send me the doco as well at kingcade@iprimus.com.au

Thanks

Kingy

Hi all,

Re: the problem of no being able to attach to the system state.

1. You need the remote agent installed on the machine if it is not local. And the service must be started, yes there is a service. It can logon on with local system account, or the domain\backupexec_service account. Which ever account you use for BE.

2. On your media server. The BE services, all 7 of them, must start up as domain\account. This is extremely important. There is no way you are going to access a remote server's system state if you are trying to logon with a other server's local account!

Any Problems, let me know. Riaan@stortech.co.za

Hey Delboy, I would like a copy of the word document as well, if you don't mind. Thanks!

masha@uproar.com

DellBoy,

Would you mind forwarding me a copy as well?
Thanks

themfkr@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back