Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 8.6 fails to backup W2K system state on remote server 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mduke

MIS
Oct 26, 2001
US
Hello,
I'm in the process of evaluating Backup Exec 8.6 The test configuration consists 2 W2K servers.
All backups of the local server (tape attached) work fine.
The remote server has no problems backing up the drives but fails with the following message when attempting to bakup the system state. Both servers are on the same domain.
Any insight into this would be appreciated.

ERROR 'Unable to attach to \\TESTSVR\System?State.
The device cannot be found.

OH MY LORD I NEED those files also, having trouble with my exchange backup on 8.6 also

Please send to Azadar@rcltd.com

BIG THANKS to whomever sends it!

Before you get all crazy, try logging into the server that is not being accessed as the backupexec... this the problem is caused by permissioning :)

Dellboy, would you please send a copy of the backup exec doc to q123we@hotmail.com
thanks for your help!

If anyone is still sending that out, could you send it my way as well?

Thanks in advance

Rob

roberth@woodsci.com

Dear Dellboy,

could you sent that copy of the backup exec doc 2 me also?
Or did you already put it up somewehere on this site?
If not...
is that possible?
If it isnt possible to put it on this site (because you wouldn't like it, I could help you out by making it freely available for every1 without you being asked all the time ;-)
yours truly,
Siong@next-element.nl

Wouldn't it be easier to actually post the doc somewhere on an FTP server or something like that?????
I'm sure its great for documentation, but the permissions thing is more likely the culprit as well as changing reg value.
After all these responses, I just hope that the backups are actually running by now for Mduke! [smile2]

I would like to have a copy of that document as well!

Thanks in advance.

Eddie Eddie Martin
Network Support Technician
eddie@digitechcomputer.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back