Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 8.6 fails to backup W2K system state on remote server 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mduke

MIS
Oct 26, 2001
US
Hello,
I'm in the process of evaluating Backup Exec 8.6 The test configuration consists 2 W2K servers.
All backups of the local server (tape attached) work fine.
The remote server has no problems backing up the drives but fails with the following message when attempting to bakup the system state. Both servers are on the same domain.
Any insight into this would be appreciated.

ERROR 'Unable to attach to \\TESTSVR\System?State.
The device cannot be found.

DellBoy

Could you send a copy to me also at mbryan@austintexas.org

Thanks

Dellboy you would be my hero if I could recieve the doc you refered to in this thread. I am only 2 weeks old with backup Exec

Dellboy you would be my hero if I could recieve the doc you refered to in this thread. I am only 2 weeks old with backup Exec.

dave.jaffe@computershare.com

Martin450 was spot on - its without question the registry key.

Hkeylocalmachine\software\veritas\backup exec\engine\ntfs and change the value restrict anonymous to 1.

Couldn't back up any of the remote 2K servers until this was fixed, now they all work.

Check you group policies and local security settings!!

Dellboy, I would really like a copy of that document you have created. Thanks. cowanm@loswego.k12.or.us

Hi Dellboy,

I am interested too, thank you for your help.

Could you please send to:

bounty_hunter_ep2@hotmail.com

dellboy,

I've been struggling with this issue for MONTHS and Veritas' help hasn't helped. Please send the Word document you mentioned. Thanks.

davebull@bondwave.com

could you also send a copy to me ? barryknobel@denetwerkbeheerder.nl

thnx

Hi dellboy,

Could you forward that document to me?

divyan@email.com

thanks inadvance

Divyan

I had completely forgotten and I have only just seen this. I'll do my best to send it out sometime today, I'm not saying its great but its a list of all the documents that I have used in the process of putting together a relatively stable backup system.

Cheers
Dellboy

I've just sent this to all those listed above although some have bounced. If you read this and want a copy of the document, its not great but its ok email me direct at

dell8oy@hotmail.com

and I'll endeavour to reply to you with the document, saves me having to send it to 45+ people and means you should get it quicker.

Cheers

Mr. DellBoy will you please send me that DOC.

yali@houston.rr.com or yusuf.ali@cityofhouston.net

Thanks a LOT

Mr. DellBoy will you please send me that DOC. Thanks

derek@Strath49.freeserve.co.uk

Hello Dellboy

Can you send me that word document mb@archinsurance.com, thank you.

Dellboy,

Could you please email me that word document.

Thanks very much.

rmoffitt@brooksschool.org

Dellboy, Could you Please E-mail The Backup Exec Document.

Much Thanks And Praise
robertl@webhss.com

Dellboy could you send me that document also to sven.pronk@deviceglobal.com

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back