Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IPO R 9, SIP trunk, inbound diverted calls: How to enable DIVERTER AND DIVERTED caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhashiNoel

Technical User
Nov 21, 2009
BR
SIP Trunk running on Avaya IP500 V1, IPO Release 9.0.9. Anyone ever got to simultaneously enable DIVERTER AND DIVERTED caller ID for incoming calls on SIP trunk? If I enable IP Asserted, I get the Diverter ID. If I enable Diversion header, I get the Diverted ID. How can I enable both? For example: one inbound caller ID shows 11981110000> 1155720000. Meaning that 11981110000 has programed call divertion for our SIP trunk.

First of all it depends on what your service provider supports.

Usually From would hold the number you wanna show and Diversion or PAI is the number that forwarded the call.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

@janni78: You mean Header "from" caller ID?

Yes, <From:> is used as CLI.

@janni78: I will keep on trying then. I need both incoming callers's IDs in my Avaya Phones 😒

@janni78:
I think I figured that out. As I choose PAI or Diversion header on Send Caller ID drop down list, comes a warning sign stating "ISDN/ SIP feature will not be used. How bout IPO Release 10? Does this feature work?

You can't get both the callers and the diverter/forwarders CLI on the phone, you'll have to choose which one you want.

How can there be two caller IDs from one call only one number will actually be ringing you.

| ACSS SME |

@Pepp77: Well, dear. Only those who are into IT to know that when it comes to Avaya, anything is possible. Its always on our side ; And has always been. Thats one ISDN feature that with Avaya SIP trunking upgrades one day it will also be here with us, Avayans ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back