Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk or FXO on Avaya IPO 500V2 3

rudy_avaya

Systems Engineer
Jul 11, 2024
GB
Hi All,

My first thread here so bear with me. I’ve got an Avaya IPO 500 V2 CU, and I’m struggling with SIP trunking slightly. I’ve got essential edition with 12 EP licenses.

Essentially I’m not sure how exactly to get the trunk configured. I have a line with the appropriate information but not sure if I need a shortcode etc to get it working? I am UK based and Dialling out currently gives the “Waiting for Line” and 5 beeps every so often on any of my 1408 or 1616 phones.

If I can’t get SIP trunking working then I suppose the next port of call would be FXO with a gateway. Currently I have 2 Combo 500 cards (1-6 DS, 7-8 PHONE, 9-10 BRI 4U). I’m used to working on Cisco CME where I can add a VIC3-2FXO, I’ve heard I may be able to use PRI as four FXO lines but not sure just yet how to go about it. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Best wishes to all, and come on England!!
-RR the SysAdmin

Perfect, well that’s me clued up thanks for all your help guys. Now I just need to find an IDC block for my patch!

image_vrq5q2.jpg

Not pretty but it works^

RR

That poor IP 500 control unit!!!! The power supply is located at the rear right corner and is being suffocated by resting on the carpet. At least put something under the corners so that some air can flow from underneath and rise through the rest of the CU

Yeah just realised that after I took the photo. I’ll give it some breathing room in the morning let’s hope it lives the night.

Note to self: be careful with scissors around live telephone circuits……

Just looking at this again I should have asked which release of IP Office you have as this is important for any answer.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back