Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IPO 500 v2 - Outgoing Line Groups 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_A1SL

Technical User
Jan 13, 2017
GB
thread940-1759075

I have a question following on from the above thread.

Having programmed to Pepp77's example above (2nd post in the thread) and editing telephone numbers in the directory by prefixing them with the desired outgoing line ID, in doing so, there is no longer an exact match on the number - resulting in the caller's name no longer displaying on phones (when the caller dials in).

Any thoughts appreciated.

@snowman, thanks for replying, however it's not working for me, I must be keying in the wrong field...

In Directory, a contact's number is keyed as 50123456789, so for an outbound call it dials 0123456789 using Outgoing Group ID 5. This works perfectly for outgoing calls. However when there is an incoming call from 0123456789 it displays the number instead of the contact name, because of the embedded '5' in Directory preventing an exact match.

I have tried keying 5 into Prefix within Line 5 to no avail
Line 5 uses Incoming Group ID 155 so I also tried 5 and 5N in the Incoming Number and (separately) Incoming CLI fields, also to no avail.

Please tell me which field I must key the '5' prefix into so the phones display the caller's name as shown in Directory.

Directory has a couple of hundred entries and I need to edit them all to go out on either Line Group ID 4 or 5 (depending on which business they are associated to) - without the user having to dial a prefix to obtain the correct line and run the risk of the wrong line being selected. Whilst I can do this, if I do it without resolving the incoming call prefix, no names will be displayed for incoming calls.

Many thanks.

What you need to do is put the trunk access code in brackets like this (5) in directory, then the CLI will match to directory on an inbound call.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Big thanks @Tac84 - that's so simple and works perfectly.

Glad I could help!

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back