Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Aura - Genesys SIP trunk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

walruses

Technical User
Apr 1, 2016
MX
Hi everyone can anybody help me with this challenge?

I'm connecting a SIP trunk between avaya and genesys. Genesys is working on cloud so they provide me a FQDN to make the connection and I gave them a public ip address to get to my session manager so I'm doing NAT to get my voice network. Genesys FQDN includes 4 diferent servers for balancing purposes. This 4 servers generate 4 sip entity links in system manager. In sip entity monitor the 4 sip entities have the up status. Making a call from genesys to avaya I don't see any signaling trying to get my session manager.

Any idea of what i am missing?

I'd really appreciate any comment.

Thank you in advance.

Are you using an SBC or is a firewall doing the NAT.

TBH if going over the internet you really need an SBC for the security it provides.

Biglebowski is right, you need an SBC in between you and anything on the internet.

Normally for an internal load balanced solution connecting to SMGR you would enter the server entries in session manager --> networking--> local hostname resolution and then create 1 SIP entity that would use those 4 LHNR entries weighted evenly. But in your case that doesn't apply and I would certainly make sure I was firewalled off from the internet using an SBC otherwise you are just asking for big trouble.

Thanks a lot biglebowski and Wanebo!! Genesys says that connection is possible with NAT traversal but definitely we are going to use SBC as you mentioned provides security and less troubles.

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back