Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated attendant setup path

BerettaGuy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2023
US
I don't know if this is possible, but I was thinking it was due to options on the screen, but it's not working as I would have expected it to work.

I'm trying to setup a new automated attendant that during work hours will transfer the call to a reception group, after playing no recording per request from upper management(*8107 is blank), but if that call is not answered I would like it to be transferred to a general mailbox. I have the basics of the path working, but when it transfers it to the group it just keeps ringing there, it will not transfer it to the Group No answer destination.

The Automated Attendant is setup like this
AutoAttendant_crwgef.jpg

The Incoming call path is setup this way
Call_Path_fnnnsg.jpg

And the group is setup this way
GroupSetup_qsaepg.jpg

GroupSetup2_dyo4sq.jpg

My question right now is why does the "Group No Answer Time(Sec)" timer of 30 seconds not re-direct the unanswered call to the General Mailbox?

I still have to test the other half of this where a call comes in at night and recording 8307 is played and if the caller doesn't pick and extension it would be re-directed to the General Mailbox... But lets get the standard incoming path working first.

First off it will take at least 38 seconds to transfer. You need to change the AA inactivity to 0 from 8. Is the extension 399 in DND? If not it isn't going to go to that VM until it's no answer also expires. But I am just guessing with out being able to see an SSA or monitor trace.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

It's doing the transfer from the AA to the group, I've tested that and it starts to ring on the phones I have setup to do so right now... however I've let that call sit there ringing on that group for a minute and a half and it did not transfer to the group no answer destination.

The only thing I was able to figure out is if I change that group no answer destination to another AA, it makes that transfer within the timer identified... so the only thing I can come up with is another group, can't be a no answer destination of a group.

So it seems like the issue is how my General Mailbox is setup.... The installer set that up and the way he did that was by configuring it as a group with no stations and voicemail configured on that group... I don't know if there is a better way to do that? Perhaps create a General Mailbox user instead?

Why is there an Auto-Attendant involved at all if its playing no prompts and sending all calls to the same group.

Just set the default ICR destination to be the group. Then add a second destination with the Closed_Hrs time profile and a short code to leave mail in the generic mailbox.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

sizbut said:
Why is there an Auto-Attendant involved at all if its playing no prompts and sending all calls to the same group.

Just set the default ICR destination to be the group. Then add a second destination with the Closed_Hrs time profile and a short code to leave mail in the generic mailbox.

This is the logic I am going to try now. I did not notice until today that I can put a time profile on a group to automatically put it in Night Service, so I thought I needed to use the AA and have two different recordings, one for day and one for night, which the daytime one was shot down during the proposal, so that's why I was trying to route it directly to a group without playing anything.

Current setup is ICR goes to Hunt group 300, that rings on 7 reception phones and I configured it so the "Day Service Time Profile" is our working hours M-F 8-5. My assumption is after 5 it will put that Group into night service where it is directed to Hunt Group 305, that rings on all plant floor phones for 15sec and then the night time attendant picks up and re-routes it to our General Mailbox.

ICRCurrent_no1itu.jpg

IncominggroupCurrent_pdmpur.jpg

IncomingfallbackCurrent_popwf7.jpg

NightRingCurrent_cuxzt2.jpg

NightRingfallbackCurrent_phwxlo.jpg

This current call path works and we don't lose any calls so finding the ability to auto switch to Night Service using this method makes my life easier and accomplishes what I wanted to do without fully reconfiguring it.

snowman50 said:
Have a look at this for some help.
You can gleam some info from this

Ohh..after posting I realised you sorted it 🤦‍♂️

Not a big deal, I'm always down for learning more on this system. I'm pretty good at finding my way through it and sorting out issues, enough to the point were I've shown the installer who put this in for us a thing or two about it... but I would not say I'm any expert in programming or using IP Office so any resource or more walkthroughs will help.

Tested the Day service time profile last night and it worked perfectly. The 300 hunt group is active now between 8am - 5pm and no one has to remember to put it in night service or take it out now.

Now onto step two of this whole project, which was the catalyst to figuring out how to automate the night service, Re-record our night greeting to tell the caller they can dial an extension at any time, and then shut off all the ringing phones at night between 5:01pm and 7:59AM.

Finally after having a phone system for 20+ years that had an automated attendant (old intertel system prior to this) I'm getting this company to at least use the attendant in the evening hours and have absentee employees call in and use that menu instead of having non reception people answering the phone from 5:50 to 8am then forwarding to supervisors for them to answer and waste their time... lol One step at a time.

You can use the ICR..incoming call route..
In there you can set time profiles to go to different groups or Auto Attentants.

So when the call comes in it looks at the ICR and checks to see it a time profile is set and routes the call accordingly.

you need to create multiple time profiles (1 for each condition) & use then in the incoming call route,.

Ip office checks these time profiles from the bottom up & follows the 1st one that matches,

snowman50 said:

Damn! See I didn't realize you could add additional routes to one ICR and base them off of time profiles... that's huge!

This is just like Microsoft though... there's 15 different ways to skin a cat. I've already cleaned up some of the methods our installer used which were very round about if you ask me... and maybe needed in like version 9, but on 11 there are more options.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back