Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto refresh desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcarlyle

Technical User
Mar 27, 2007
I have created a desktop in html. There is a site picture on the desktop which is updated every 60 seconds. The problem is to see the updated picture, I need to refresh. I would like to be able to refresh as a scheduled task, but have not been able to crack it so far. Any ideas?

Check out these sites to see if they help:

They're both free downloads & work with all Windows OS. I've been using Wallmaster myself without any problems. You can configure it to change at your preferred intervals.

Hope this helps!

Bob B-)

Remember, if you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them! [medal]

The solution offered didn't help much as the programs mentioned changed to different wallpapers. I want the same html background, I just want a command that I can run to refresh the desktop.

<meta name="refresh" http-equiv="refresh" content="1000"> in the code enabled me to do what I wanted except that the admin for my computer has now stopped the use of .htm as backgrounds :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back