Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant not working - IP Office 500 v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

belalsaleh

Technical User
Jan 26, 2014
SA
Hi there,

Last week, I was changing some users extension and permission, after that, the AA stopped working. I have reviewed the settings many times but I couldn't find the cause of the problem. The AA won't pick up when I dial from outside. I can't even use the shortcodes from the handset, when I dial the shortcode "*8101" or "*8401" nothing happens, the phone screen just reset itself, but when I dial the shortcode "*8102" I got "line busy" and I know that's because I do not have an AA with number 2.

The AA was working just fine before I edit the settings..

I guess the first question is what exactly did you change?

Have you got a backup from before you made the changes? If you use the Manager application, as opposed to Web Manager, and if it has been upgraded from an older version, the old default settings to auto backup every time you connect may be turned on, so check the Working Directory.

Are there any errors in the Error List in Manager, such as duplicated extension numbers for example?

Joe Newton

JoeNewton said:
I guess the first question is what exactly did you change?

Have you got a backup from before you made the changes? If you use the Manager application, as opposed to Web Manager, and if it has been upgraded from an older version, the old default settings to auto backup every time you connect may be turned on, so check the Working Directory.

Are there any errors in the Error List in Manager, such as duplicated extension numbers for example?
I don't have a backup for the config because I only changed some extensions and users permissions, I didn't expect that would cause an issue. I'm using the application "Ip Office R8.1 Manager". And no error in the error list other than these two:

-[System] Dial Emergency Short Code has not been defined.
-[System] Voicemail files are not present on IP Office for locales: United Kingdom (UK English).

derfloh said:
Sound for me like if embedded voicemail stopped working. Cann you check that in SSA under Voicemail?
I'm sorry I couldn't find out where to check "SSA".
Under the voice mail I have these options :
Voicemail Type: Embedded voicemail.
Voicemail mode: IP Office Mode.
and a check on "Messages button goes to visual voice.

The other options are grayed out or empty.

IF your Manager application is properly configured, a backup copy of the configuration is saved automatically, except the file type is .bak instead of .cfg. It will be the name of the system followed by the date followed by V1 V2 etc.

Look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Manager and sort by file type. Hopefully you find an automatic backup from before you made the change, load into Manger as an offline configuration, check to make sure that all of the settings are there, and push into the system. Make a current backup beforehand, in case you need to revert

Thanks to you all,
I discovered that some SD card folders have been corrupted somehow. I ended up recreating the SD card and everything is back to normal.

Hi belalsaleh,

You need to resolve the error "-[System] Dial Emergency Short Code has not been defined." or your users may not be able to call the emergency services. If you are in UK the you need to create a system shortcode with the feature Dial, code 999, ane telephone number 999; and the same for 112. You may also want to include 101 and 111. Obviously if you are in a different country then you need to use the correct emergency numbers for that country.

Joe Newton

Sorry, typo, I should have said feature Dial Emergency, not just Dial

Joe Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back