Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aura 7.0 on S8300D

Status
Not open for further replies.

firespyer

MIS
Oct 7, 2010
US
Hello,
I am following the documentation, I loaded Utility through SDM, next step is supposed to be load System Manager which the docs say is required in all 7.0 deployments however System Manger does no fit on a 8300, doesn't have enough ram or vCPU's even with the most minimal option selected.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thank you,

S8300 doesn't have sufficient resources to host System Manager. If you are installing standalone CM7.0 you can use a dummy System Manager IP to satisfy the required field.

Ok, thanks thats what we used.
I am also running into issues installing WebLM, there is a 8300E profile when loading in SDM, but the CPU on the "D" doesn't come close to it.

EDIT: From the weblm 7 docs it seems that only the E is supported, I have to infer that you can only use a 8300D for lsp's then?

I heard back from Avaya, they sent me over some new documentation outlining the issue that I have.

The TLDR version is this:

Note: should customer choose to have a pure Avaya solution (appliance mode), appliance mode requires customer to buy another server that has sufficient capabilities to run System Manager 7, therefore a single S8300D server is insufficient to host a working Communication Manager 7 solution.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6f3a0ea8-0ab4-4b77-9072-a42727e478e7&file=Communication_Manager_7.docx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back