Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant Console not Answering Call Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

genesmitty

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2006
GB
Im having an issue that has got me pretty stumped. i have 2 attendant consoles. the console are in a hunt group together. 5000 and 5001
If i try to make 2 calls in at the same time, one will get picked up and answered fine, but the 2nd one will continue to ring even though the attendant is pushing the button to pick up the call. I can recreate this every time i try to make 2 calls in at the same time, however it also seems to happen randomly on the first call that comes in from someone else. Initially i tested with one of the consoles in night service, so everything was done on 1 console. when i turned the night service off the call that couldn't be answered rang back and forth between the two consoles and still wouldn't pick up. i've tried replacing both consoles with no luck. I also replaced the line card in the switch.
I'm at my wits end here. Any ideas?

additional note. This is an Avaya Definity G3 switch running R012i.01.1.414.1

closing this ticket as it has been solved by our vendor. The 2nd trunk in our incoming trunk group was down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back