Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATI 9600XT, Vista, BSOD!!! :-[

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoePwns

Technical User
Jul 7, 2007
US
Hello, Just registered after seening having a few problems with this computer i recently built. I figure i have a problem with the ATI 9600XT video card,

" i am having almost the same problems stated in that post. Well heres the low down.

-Using a Biostar P4M80-M4 Mobo/ 1GB, 500GB, IntelP4 -2.67ghz/DVD/CD
-Running Windows Vista Ultimate, No Problems at all
-Currently- Using the standard VGA connection,Running Vista (Built in video card on mobo)

So i spent almost from 1PM-To now trying to figure out my problem here, When i insert the ATI9600 into the mobo and start up, starts up perfectly then after a few minutes i get a Quick blue screen and a restart. I take out the ATI and use the standard connection and seem to have no problem at all. I downloaded the latest catalyst from the companys site , and im still gettin the same Blue screen and the Quick restart. Anyone out there that knows the soultion to this problem??, Thank you. (sorry for this long story)

i think your card isnt compatable hence why ur getting these errors, check that your motherboard takes X8 graphics etc, but also the onboard graphics WILL conflict with any incerted. I had the conflict on my PC that i built and had to disable the onboard GF.

Try this

First, get your system back to how it was without the new card installed. Now go to the Device Manager in Windows, right-click the entry for the driver for your onboard graphics card and select 'Disable’. Apply the changes and shut down your PC. Now insert your new graphics card into the AGP port.

hope that works

Wahnula: I did what you said, lowered the acceleration to None then moved it up 1 notch (Disable all but basic accelerations. Use this setting to correct more sever problems)and it just went to the BSOD after that "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" but when it was at None I didnt encountered any problem, I have a 450W power output.

Hal: I belive my mobo takes X8 because it had 2 options to set it to 4X or 8X in the bios, and i tried both and encountered the same problem(BSOD). Now im trying your method here (already tried it) and i get the BSOD Once again. ***stop:0x0000007E (0x0000005,0x804962E4,0x851B98A0,0x851B959C)
*** acpi.sys - Address 804962E4 Base at 8047F000, Datestamp 4549adb7.

I GIVE :-\

I think im about to contact the seller and get a refund and get me a different graphics card, anyone know a pretty good graphid card for under 80.00 thats vista capable, Im looking at a NVIDIA GeForce FX5500, what you think?

In 6 Hours i'll need an answer if i should get that FX5500 or something else..

I just just just just just Ordered the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 from tigerdirect. :X

Well today, loaded up the Geforce FX5500 with no problems at all, just had to do a lil bios adjustment and everything was runnning fine, Installed the drivers,Restarted,Everything seemed perfect until i got the BSOD again And heres the Error:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQAL

Technical Information:
***STOP: 0x0000000D1 (0x0A755880,0x000000002,0x00000001,0x87C54007)

*** msisci.sys- Address 87c54007 base at 87c54000, Datestamp 4549b1d8

??????...

try going into safe mode and deleting the drivers, a few people have reformatted which fixed the problem, but didnt solve the issue. all i can think of is that its a driver in reg problem. sorry i wasnt much help :(

Now when i try to start up i get another BSOD saying

Technical Information:

***STOP: 0x0000007E (OxC0000005, 0x804962E4, 0x851C18A0, 0x851C159C)

*** acpi.sys Address 804962E4 base at 8047f000, Datestamp 4549adb7

ok try doing a repair of the system, as ur running vista make sure the drivers ur getting r specific for vista (which im sure ur doing) but u may just have to reinstall :(

You might try posting this in vista forum as well.

forum1583

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Yes i did get the specific drivers for vista, currently im re-installing the whole thing Using the FX5500. so when its done will probably detect and install, but im still gonna install the drivers i downloaded. wish me luck.

So far i have faced 2 BSOD's since i re-loaded up vista, GFX card works perfectly but the two errors i recieved were, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Page Fault in Non Page Area BSOD

ive got this off a site same as u,

Most commonly it is the CPU overheating. A close second would be bad RAM. The first thing I would do if you have this issue is to run the machine till it gives you that error, then immediately reboot it, go into the BIOS and check the CPU temperature. 3/5 times it will be way too hot. Go to the store, buy a fancy new heatsink with a ball bearing fan (don't need it binding like a bushing fan will eventually do), pick up some thermal grease while you're at it, and install. Your problem will likely go away.

If not, get some memory that you know is good, and test that out in the system for a while. Be sure to pull out all memory that is currently in the system, or this test will do nothing. If it stabilizes after that, then replace the memory permanently, shoot the old like a clay pigeon and have a nice day.

Sometimes though, especially with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, even that is not enough. This is where you get hardcore with the troubleshooting. In the BIOS, load Fail-Safe defaults, disable the onboard modem, sound, and LAN (where applicable). Take out all the cards, with the exception of video, and run the machine for a while. If the machine stays stable, then start adding/re-enabling the devices one by one. Keep in mind that modern motherboards share IRQ's across PCI slots, so try not to put a sound card and a modem right next to each other. They don't seem to think that's funny every once and a while. Anyway, do this one by one until you start crashing again. Whatever you put in last is the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back