Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATI 9600XT, Vista, BSOD!!! :-[

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoePwns

Technical User
Jul 7, 2007
US
Hello, Just registered after seening having a few problems with this computer i recently built. I figure i have a problem with the ATI 9600XT video card,

" i am having almost the same problems stated in that post. Well heres the low down.

-Using a Biostar P4M80-M4 Mobo/ 1GB, 500GB, IntelP4 -2.67ghz/DVD/CD
-Running Windows Vista Ultimate, No Problems at all
-Currently- Using the standard VGA connection,Running Vista (Built in video card on mobo)

So i spent almost from 1PM-To now trying to figure out my problem here, When i insert the ATI9600 into the mobo and start up, starts up perfectly then after a few minutes i get a Quick blue screen and a restart. I take out the ATI and use the standard connection and seem to have no problem at all. I downloaded the latest catalyst from the companys site , and im still gettin the same Blue screen and the Quick restart. Anyone out there that knows the soultion to this problem??, Thank you. (sorry for this long story)

While i was updating Norton, I got the BSOD and that was the only program running, so i uninstalled that, then installed Mcafee, and got the BSOD Also with the same errors provided up there^

The norton is Compatible for Vista, But i think the Mcafee wasnt Just to let you know.

Now: I was trying to install MS OFFICE and got another BSOD: Memory_Management

I tried installing Office again and got the BSOD this time it said DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Already did, Did not find any errors. Should i get another 1GB of mem? or what.

Just curious to know if you ran the memory test with either of your AGP cards installed?

I like this approach at this point:

HalComps said:
Sometimes though, especially with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, even that is not enough. This is where you get hardcore with the troubleshooting. In the BIOS, load Fail-Safe defaults, disable the onboard modem, sound, and LAN (where applicable). Take out all the cards, with the exception of video, and run the machine for a while. If the machine stays stable, then start adding/re-enabling the devices one by one. Keep in mind that modern motherboards share IRQ's across PCI slots, so try not to put a sound card and a modem right next to each other. They don't seem to think that's funny every once and a while. Anyway, do this one by one until you start crashing again. Whatever you put in last is the culprit.

You are a blue-screen mess, back up and take things one at a time. BTW, did you check the CPU temp after the last crash?

Im doing your Method up there, just disabled everything except the USB ports, I disabled the modem/lan/everything else. No i didnt check the Cpu temp after that last crash. So far i left it on for about a good 1 1/2 and didnt have no problems, Didnt shut down or give any errors. ( I was not running no programs except Aim ) Right now im installing Office 2007 so far No errors.

Back to the BSOD, im constantly getting the error: CI.DLL when im trying to boot to windows. if i dont get that i just get a BSOD with just technical info.

Ppl i want to know if This Biostar Motherboard works with AGP Fast Write?

Mobo is Biostar P4M80-M4;
Graphic card is Radeon 9550 128mb 64bits 8xAGP;

Im just asking that cuz my SmartGart is in o's and i want to put it 8x and i cant!

And i Think the problem ist AGP Fast Write atm is disabled so if it works let me know plz.....
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back