Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATA using 9.1 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiMax

Technical User
Feb 5, 2023
US
The 9.1 can not get a 3rd party license for an IP ATA and trying to avoid a charge from the telco for a single analog POTS line.

Is there a an IP device for a remote off site location that would log into the IPO as an IP set but provide analog dial tone for an alarm?

No, I'm afraid not. Your only option I believe is to upgrade to at least 10 so that you can purchase a 3rd party license, at that point there are options available to you.

As of October 2022, telcos aren't required to maintain their copper infrastructure. This is partially why some areas are seeing $100 per month POTS lines (they want you to leave! LOL). To get an endpoint license, Avaya will first require you to upgrade to 11.x. That license pair will likely run you over $1000. My recommendation is to look into a Kings III dialer or similar box. They're maybe 5" x 5" with a small antenna on top to talk to the 4G network. At the bottom of the box is an analog phone jack. Most mobile providers consider this an IOT device and probably won't charge more than $30/month for the service. I've been putting these in elevators and other such things. Most modern alarm panels have a cellular module as well. You might want to look into those options rather than trying to have the dial tone hosted from your IPO.

Tim Alberstein

What type of ATA is it?

You can change the SIP header on some ATA's to trick the IPO in thinking it's an Avaya product so you don't need a 3rd party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back