Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Conference Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrost

Technical User
Dec 1, 2006
US
We have a new office, and the installer did not set up/configure an analog line for our conference phone. I'm used to Communication Manager, so I'm a little lost in trying to configure the system for the analog conference phone, and I was also having trouble finding documentation... can anyone help me?

thanks!

That doesn't really help.... the port in the room is set up as digital line, and I need it to be analog...

do you have analog ports o the IP Office? If so unplug the digital port and plug it into the analog port.

Right. That is what I expected, but there seems to be only 2 "Phone" labeled ports on the unit... which says that there are only 2 analog ports... when i thought there should be 4

I'm assuming this is a IPO 406, which has two built-in analog ("phone") ports? If not that, is the unit a 500v2 that has a combo card installed in it, which also includes two analog ports? Either way, you should be able to unplug it from the digital port and move it to one of the analog ports, like gregl45 said. Programming does not necessarily have to be done for the conference phone to work, unless someone tinkered with the default settings for those analog ports.

R.A.F.
Communications Solutions, Inc

We are what we repeatedly do; therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit - Aristotle

If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton

downside is that there are 2 fax machines in the office, both are using the analog ports... so I may be out of luck? ... the two analog ports are in the middle of another card with other ports, assuming this is the combo card you speak of

Yes, that is a combo card. A combo card has 6 digital, 2 analog and 4 analog trunk ports. If this is the only combo card or analog card in the unit, it appears you're out of luck with the current setup. However, if you are some how able to take one of the fax machines off of the system and dedicate a line to it, then that would obviously free up an analog port on the system.

R.A.F.
Communications Solutions, Inc

We are what we repeatedly do; therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit - Aristotle

If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton

what do the analog trunk ports get used for? they're empty

Analog trunk ports are for Analog Trunks (Lines). You can add another phone 2 or 8 card giving you additional Analog ports to plug in. I am assuming there is another card with a PRI or analog Trunk Ports are there any analog ports on that base card or are they digital?

the other cards don't have any more analog lines.. they're all digital lines. In the system, in the 'line' section, there are 4 analog lines, and the one PRI.

Well then you are buggered, you need another card with analogue ports or an analogue line :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

And then you can use the link I posted to get your analog phone to conference calls.

I see what you mean, CarGoSki, though when I said "conference phone" I was referring to a Polycom speaker phone/conference phone.

Thanks though :)

Yes exactly. You will need to use conference add for your polycom phone. But that is o.k. Its your thread and phone system. You can do what you want.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back