Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alpha Tagging using VBScript?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsey

Technical User
Dec 21, 2004
GB
I want to be able to look up our client's details in a database as they call in, then somehow append this to the incoming call information - I am looking at gettign a VBscript licence to do this but even then, there does not seem to be a way to tag the caller so that it shows up in Phonemanager?

Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree!

Millsey

You can paste this info in a transfer tag field. VB Script is useless...

Thank you for an honest reply, you have probably saved me hours!

Did you ever get this working? I would like to do a lookup to a database (either microsoft access or an SQL database

All of my incomming calls come thorugh my Auto Attendent in VM Pro

I am also would like to be able to get my users to enter their issue number and be routed to the engeinner assigned to their issue. Is there any good guides for VMPro and database intergration?

Thanks

I never bothered to be honest, because the VBscript actions are very limited and it does not seem possible to divert he call or add data to the call ID.

Millsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back