Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All phones showing unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjdad

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
Hello to all,

I have an IPO 500v2 running version 9.1 that has been in service for years.

Chassis contains 3 Digital 8 cards, all with 4 port Trunk cards. Right hand card is a VCM32 card with a 4 port Trunk card.

All ports are in use with 5420 phones.

This afternoon all the phones went blank, like they were not powered up.

I had the customer power cycle the chassis and still nothing.

The system is still taking incoming calls, going to VM Pro and is transferring out over the VCM card to the other office.

However, every single digital port show the phones are unplugged.

I have not been onsite yet, but I have never seen this before.

Any ideas?

Thanks to all!

Yes. Unplug all the cables going into station ports and then begin plugging them back in one at a time. They have probably plugged a computer into one of the telephone ports which will short it out. When plugging them back in give it a few seconds as you go to see if the port you are plugging in is the culprit. Once identified, leave that one out until you can verify the computer is no longer plugged in.

It can also burn the ports out and sometimes take a whole card with, pop them and and check them carefully for black soot marks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back