Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing and using IPO trunks remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjswx

Technical User
Feb 20, 2007
US
Scenerio: Customer, US based, has clients internationally that they travel to very often. Clients data network will not allow a VPN through their network to access the IPO to be able to use PhoneManager/Softphone.

Any other options available to allow use of Phone Manager with incurring a substantial cost in long distance and roaming charges with cell phones or local land lines?

get a SIP line and use an ATA (like Linksys PAP2T) with North American locale, has nothing to do with the IP Office then but will be then at least a cost saving, not a convenient solution though as you need to rely on the Internet for connection and also on the customers connection to let you connect to the SIP provider.
Other then that DISA connection into the IP Office network to dial from it if you have a 1-800 number that is routed from the international location to your IP Office. sounds all not really great if you ask me, maybe someone else has a better way.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

xjswx,

Sign up with a SIP provider and then either order a local # in the foreign country, or sign up for a free "inum" number,
Then use an access number in the foreign Country to call back to your main system using a regular phone, mobile, or something like Skype.

Depending on your IPO config, you could use the inum number to access the IPO, and then make an outbound call from there.

The customer is already using Skype. He is looking for another solution that basically costs nothing. lol

Thanks for the ideas, but I don't think he is going to be able to do what he want.

Use Voipbuster, get a licence on the IPO and install voipbuster on the PC/PDA/Smartphone then you can dial/receive calls like Skype.
Buy voipbuster credits and you able to call for free to most land lines all over the world.

Avaya_Red.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back