Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsorenson3

Technical User
Jul 12, 2007
US
First off, Thank you everyone that has helped thus far. We have successfully installed and launched our system, however, having a bit of an issue

Voicemail server is 10.0.1.7. This is also running Manager.

IPO is 10.0.1.9. Everything was configured in manager and pointing correctly. Ethernet cable running from Voicemail server directly to Port 1 on IPO

We ran another cable from our office to the phone room where the Voicemail server is and plugged it into port 3 just for remote access.

In doing this, we are able to remote in just fine to the server, however, its not accepting calls and makes the voicemail unresponsive just by hooking the cable from the lan port to our office lan, same IP range, but no duplicate's.

When we try to connect using manager, it says network error and retry, but we are able to ping from anywhere on our lan.

if we disconnect, and hook laptop up direct, it works fine

Thoughts?

Indeed ???
The versions do not exist and you really have no clue what you are doing apparently.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Lol, I think those are his IP's :) But there only 2 LAN ports on the new system so and they are labelled LAN and WAN, so if you are plugged in port 3 it isn't a current unit it's 403 or 406. I guess you still need some training as we can't take you from 0 to hero realistically :)

I do have a clue and the smartass remarks really get old

Those were my ip addresses and I'm running ip office 406v2

My basic question was I was under the impression that other than port 1 the built in switch would function as a regular switch

Why does it stop responding when plugged into my local LAN

come on guys give the lad a break, he works for a non-profit organisation so let's help him out.
try putting the vm on port 3 and connect your network into port 1 instead. keep in mind you can set port8 to be a 2nd independant lan port.

Thank you. I will give that a try later this morning

I've been busy but with my ? I did not imply not wanting to help but just to stipulate that the info given is not helpfull at all.
If you have setup the IPO LAN1 to static IP 10.0.1.9 and the VMPro to static 10.0.1.7 then connecting the switch ( which port of the switch does not matter at all ) to the local LAN switch may never interfere unless there are IP conflicts between the IP Office/VMPro and the local LAN.
Make sure you have in IPO no IP route with the local lan IP range, it is useless and is the root of a lot of troubles.
So a route 10.0.1.0/255.255.255.0/0.0.0.0/LAN1 is NOT TO BE DONE.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Ok Guys,

I have checked the IP route and there was an old route from the people that donated the system. I removed it and rebooted the phone system. Everything appears as normal at that point allowing everything connected together.

When the Vmail server is rebooted , for whatever reason, the IP route i took out is put back in. There aren't any traces of the previous company ip range anywhere.

Thoughts? Possessed?

The VM will not add IP route to the IPO
delete the IP route & send it back to the IPO with a full reboot just incase the merged data is getting lost, this can happen with older firmware where changes to the running config do not get written to flash immediately.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back