Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.1 service pack 5.... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please try it?
I don't want to be the first one... [bigsmile]

I want to know if it fixes my SoftConsole problems.

where can I get release notes?

itguy, don't use the Softconsole found in the User CD. Bulletin 185 states, "SoftConsole 4.2(40) contained in this release of User CD is not supported with IP Office
9.1 software. IP Office 9.1 systems must use the 9.1 release of SoftConsole." It is a separate download.

I think I am going to do this upgrade on my office system this weekend. IPO 500v2 w/UC110v1.

IPOFFICE 9.1.5 Fixes
JIRA #
101288 SoftConsole intermittently displays "Loading" in directory pane or "unknown" in incoming call name file

SoftConsole action greyed out-VM transfer feature (F3)

To my experience a lot of (solved) bugs are not in the documents if they were found by internal testing.
Only in Jira (bug ticketing system used by Avaya) reported bugs are documented and only external reported bugs are logged in Jira.

IP DECT not roaming

I have a costumer with IP DECT system and some Siemens Gigaset handsets and some Avaya 3720 handsets.
The Avaya sets are woring fine, but the Gigaset handsets are not roaming from one base to another.
Is there any way to get this to work?

Start a new thread, this will go unnoticed here :)

They don't publish the whole bunch of issues even if the come from you. Had it a few times when I reported an issue and they told me the SP it will be fixed. After reading the release notes I had to ask again if the fix is implemented because they didn't write it.

Must be a policy to not publish too many errors...

I have had the same experience, even new features added did not made it to the docs. Like the "NoUser" source code's, I am sure there are alot more as already known.
I like the "WHEN_PIGS_FLY" from the other forum, thank you Andy, I think he even tried that one...

Upgraded to 9.1.5 , upgrade appeared to be stuck on reboot - after ten minutes or so completed - but there were no file uploads to SD Card. System then displayed not running on primary SD card - appears to have gone back to backup config.

Second upgrade attempt ... this time files are uploading .... fingers crossed

I've upgraded an IP500v2 from 9.0.6 to 9.1.5 with 2 issues
* WebManager files was not correctly uploaded ==> recreate SD card on my computer to solve this
* VoiceMail PRO (windows), upgrade fine but never came back online ==> reset of security settings on IP500 resolve the issue

So nothing but regular upgrade bugs :)

To my experience a lot of (solved) bugs are not in the documents if they were found by internal testing.

i have complained about that policy numerous times
just because they find it first does not mean someone in the field wont find it later

Personaly I do not like to simply upgrade on the off chance that avaya may have fixed an issue I like to have some belief that things may work (I wont use the word confidence :) )

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I performed the update, everything went smoothly so far.

I was expecting the latest 96x1 H.323 deskphone software 6.6.1 to be incorporated in this service pack

How do i manually install the H.323 6.6.1 update from the ip500v2?

Download the phone firmware from AVAYA support website. Upload the firmware files, the needed language files and the 96x1Hupgrade.txt onto the fileserver you use (SD card or third party http server). If necessary change 46xxsettings.txt to let the phones download the correct language files.

IP500V2 wouldnt upgrade from 8.1 to 9.1.5.
SSA and Manager did not see rogue detected hardware but hardware was seen at the upgrade window.
SD card recreate didnt fix it.
Had to blank the control unit using DTE then insert sd card to remove the phantom hardware.

I suspect that this control unit has vacationed in Europe since no one in US has ever connected an ISDN module.... intentionally. [smile]

i downloaded 96x1-IPT-H323-R6_6_1_15-102015.zip , H.323 6.6.x
(Zip file for install on an http server. Unzip using a zip utility such as pkzip. Regular version with encryption (including VPN) enabled.)

I unzipped the folder into C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Manager\MemoryCards\Common\system\primary

In mananger, i went to embedded file management, then selected Upload system files

And it uploads the added files, and then when I restart the phone it loads 96x1Hupgrade.txt, then 46xxsettings.txt, but it doesnt do any upgrade.

All my phones are still on 6.6.029, 9641G and 9608G

The 96x1Hupgrade.txt shows the follwing below, do I have to edit something here?

* Common Kernel/RFS File for all 96x1 models

IF $MODEL4 SEQ 9641 GOTO 9641SW
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 9608 GOTO 9608SW
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 9611 GOTO 9611SW
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 9621 GOTO 9621SW
GOTO GETSET

* Application and Kernel file for 9641
# 9641SW
SET RFSNAME S96x1_UKR_V25r10_V25r10.tar
SET APPNAME S9621_41HALBR6_6_1_15_V474.tar
GOTO GETSET

* Application and Kernel file for 9608
# 9608SW
SET APPNAME S9608_11HALBR6_6_1_15_V474.tar
GOTO GETSET

* Application and Kernel file for 9611
# 9611SW
SET APPNAME S9608_11HALBR6_6_1_15_V474.tar
GOTO GETSET

* Application and Kernel file for 9621
# 9621SW
SET APPNAME S9621_41HALBR6_6_1_15_V474.tar
GOTO GETSET

* Get the settings file
# GETSET
GET 46xxsettings.txt

Is your manager the phone file server? Seems to be not. You have to upload these file onto SD ca manually.

i thought when i went to embedded file management, then selected Upload system files, that uploaded files to Sd card?

anyways, i manually put files on the SD card and it worked, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back