Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.1, One-X, SoftPhones, PhoneManager, etc. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DQuaN

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2014
GB
Hi All,

So we've finally upgraded to 9.1. We should have planned ahead!

Our softphones, callstatus, phonemanager have all stopped working.

I have installed the One-X portal, that seems to work well as a phone manager.

I'm having trouble with softphones though. I've tried Communicator, One-X Communicator and One-X agent. I cannot get any of them to connect apart from one-x communicator for iPhone (Which I had assumed would be the hardest!).

At the moment I'm unsure whether I also need to install an Aurora Server, Application Server, or some other communication server. The communicators also ask for a Collaboration server address which in all the documentation I can find seem to be an Avaya URL. Do I need to set up a service with them or is this another server I need to install on my network?

Can someone please clear this up for me?

Thanks

Dunc

As you've discovered Phone Manager is no longer a working product in 9.1. Softphones also require a user license either Teleworker or Power User. You should have hired a business partner to do the upgrade for you. Sometimes it pays to pay a professional.

Sounds you downloaded the CM/Aura client software.
As suggested contact a certified partner for help, if you are a certified partner then reconsider your partnership or get educated as soon as possible....

Right..

I have some certifications but they are from a while ago. We have a reseller who is a partner but they are not being much help.

I'm trying to get educated but the material isn't clear, hence my posting here. I was hoping for just a little bit more help. Just a basic breakdown would probably be enough to put me in the right direction.

For Communicator you need to enable "SIP Registrar" in IP Office on the LAN which you are going to connect to.
Then each users applicable for use of Communicator you need to set a password under "User>User password" select either "Office Worker" or "Power User" and enable "Avaya Communicator". Do not assign a station for the user, if already done thne delete it if you want to use the softphone feature.

If you want to deploy the Communicator from remote locations you need to adjust network settings enabling following ports from the internet to be forwarded to IP Office
Service[tab]Port number[tab][tab]Transport protocol[tab]Forward to[tab]Comments
SIP[tab][tab][tab]5060 & 5061[tab][tab]TCP or UDP TLS[tab][tab]IP Office[tab][tab]Port number depends on IP Office Manager > LANx > VoIP > SIP Registrar Enable > Remote UDP/TCP/TLS Port.
RTP [tab][tab] 54000-54500[tab][tab]UDP[tab][tab][tab][tab][tab][tab] IP Office[tab][tab]Port number depends on IP Office Manager > LANx > VoIP > Port Number Range (NAT).
H.323[tab][tab]1719-1720[tab][tab][tab]TCP [tab][tab][tab][tab][tab][tab]IP Office[tab][tab]Port number depends on IP Office Manager > LANx > VoIP > H.323 Gatekeeper Enable > H.323 Remote Extn Enable.
HTTP[tab][tab]80[tab][tab][tab][tab][tab][tab]TCP[tab][tab][tab][tab][tab][tab] IP Office
Avaya one-X® Portal or XMPP[tab]5222, 8080, 8063, 8443, and 9443[tab]TCP[tab]The Avaya one-X® Portal server

Hope this gets you on the way

If you are using avaya one-x portal then you must use avaya one-x mobile. I think some application that you download are from CM/SM. Please also make sure you have power user license and other requirements needed.

I've got it going. It was just a case of getting the settings right in the Communicator. We're waiting on more licenses from our supplier to get more people connected.

Thanks.

One X Communicator for iPhone is definitely NOT an IPO app! So it will need a third party IP Endpoint license to register.

You can use one x mobile preferred for IPO or Avaya Communicator die iPad.

So I've got Communicator, One-X Portal and SoftConsole up and running.

The only thing I haven't seen a replacement for is CallStatus. Our receptionist found it handy to see active calls. Is there perhaps a Gadget for One-X Portal that could do this? Speaking of gadgets, when can I find a decent list of gadgets? Is there a repository anywhere? I Haven't been able to find anything!

System status is the nearest to call status

The System Status Application (SSA) is a diagnostic tool for system managers and administrators, in order to monitor and check the status of IP Office systems. SSA shows both the current state of an IP Office system and details of problems that have occurred.

There are compatibility issues with more recent versions of Java but you'll find the answer in this forum.

Yeah that's what we're using at the moment but it's far from ideal. That's the only solution?

Also does anyone know where I can browse some gadgets for onex portal?

What do you miss with System Status Application and System Monitor? You have almost 300% of diagnostic tools than an almost any other system.

Yes system status is a great application for administration and diagnostics. It's not a good application for the receptionist to use. Especially as there is a connection limit and if too many receptionists use it, then I cannot connect to it!

Call status was a great little app that they could use. I'd like to find something similar for them without having them use system status.

SoftConsole is made exactly for the purpose of the receptionist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back