Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2400 IPXU PRI to VERAZ IP Switch ( C.O.) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

2400IPXUtech

Technical User
May 15, 2007
US
LD carrier has cut from a FUJI to a VERAZ IP switch. 2400 works fine on the FUJI but fails 4 out of 10 calls on the VERAZ. Programming is a standard PRI w/ NI2 configuration. Layer 3 msg’s. reveal's a STATUS msg. "MESSAGE NOT COMPATABLE WITH CALL STATE" . This site has over 20 PRI's all NI2 and fails no matter were or what card it is placed on. I have also tried setting up for CALL by CALL service. I am looking for anyone who has connected to a VERAZ switch, w/ a 2400, 2000, or any NEC product to compare programming data. I am also extremely open for suggestions.

thx

hmmm. I haven't worked with a veraz, but I would start by putting the T-bird or other monitoring device between the 2, to find out what the call message is that is causing that failure.

call scenarios to try.
call to the NEAX from the Veraz (Station to Station). does the problem occur?

call to the NEAX via the Veraz (Trunk to Station or Trunk to Station to Station). does the problem occur?

call to the Veraz from the NEAX (Station to Station). does the problem occur?

call to the Veraz from the NEAX (Trunk to Station or Trunk to Station to Station). does the problem occur?

2 things I can think of off the top of my head on this as well are....

1. Supplemental information. if a sup info block in the IDSN stream is sent and not recogniged it should be dropped, it might not be happing with the veraz, therefore dropping the call, years ago this was a problem with AXE's and NEAX's ISDN spans.

2. Call Proceeding is not being caught, by one side. a call connected message without a call proceeding message for the same channel will dump a call per the spec.

Regards,

Dr VuDu

Thanks for the input, currently this route is only configured for outgoing long distance calls. When dialing the same number (tried multiple numbers to multiple area codes) over and over there is a large failure rate. Here is a scenario of what the monitoring equipment is catching on a failed call.

PBX sends

1. SETUP

VERAZ sends

1. CALL PROC
2. ALERT
3. CONNECT

PBX sends

1. STATUS (Call state incompatible)
2. CONNECT_ACK

VERAZ sends

1. DISCONNECT

So far, I am unable to see any difference in the layer 3 msg’s between a failed call and a successful call other than the STATUS msg.
Your first scenario is sounding good except some calls are processing fine. There does not seem to be any correlation between failed calls and successful calls that the LD Company or I can find.

Really you shouldn't be trying to fix this. The carrier changed equipment and created the fault. It is up to them to fix their end otherwise change service provider.

Ozzie is right you shouldnt be having to fix it. but to stop some finger pointing that always happens here, and to CYA...

I take it that the NEAX is the Network side and the Veraz is the user side of this ISDN span. I am wondering what the ALERT message is...

Regards,

Dr VuDu

That was my original opinion at the start of this, they changed equipment they should fix the problem! However, after checking the messages both through internal means using the ISMC command and using external equipment between the two switches. There is no difference between the failed msg’s and a successful msg’s prior to the STATUS msg being sent. SETUP, CALL PROC, ALERT, and CONNECT all look identical and the timing between msg’s is good w/ no delays. I see no reason for me to be sending a STATUS msg..Again the MSG is "Call state incompatible". Currently I am on the user side the VERAZ is the network side. The customer is not enthusiastic about changing carriers especially if I cannot prove they are at fault. This is one of the things that will make you go Hmmm…or bald maybe both LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back