Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 IPOffice 500 v2 connecting 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

thep

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2011
US
I have 2 IP Office 500 v2's at 2 locations and want to be able to call extensions on both ends.
they both are currently configured and working.
I got the SCN license's and VCM cards in.

Once I create the IP route and H323 and both systems will discover each other. Does this merge voicemails and configurations?

I want to have both side independent the way I have now but be able to make ext to ext calls on both ends.

Don't enable voice networking, but only make H323 trunks with H450 signaling. Add short codes to call between sites. Will work like a champ.

Why on earth not use all the features?
To complete a SCN setupm you need Preferred (VMPro) license as well, Embedded is not supported in SCN.
There's no problem running two or more companies on a single VMPro.

If you don't have a preferred license, and won't get one, mforrence's suggestion is your way out.

Config's are not merged, but the systems will exchange info.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I will try mforrence's option 1st and see how it goes. it looks less risky.

gunnaro, I have Preferred edition (vm pro) and would like to use all features but afraid that I am going to screw up everything that's working currently.

mforrence I don't see option to check off enable voice networking in H323 line. any other place it would be?

Older software has a check box for voice networking. Newer has a drop down called Supplementary Services.

Finally got the chance to work on it and its working. thanks guys

Next issue in this way the customer will complain that they can not forward voicemails from one site to another, so a true scn is the way to go

My point exactly, Smokinjoe. (Hence my first post)

If you can get a H323 line up and running, it's mealy a flick of the switch to get it completely setup as a true SCN.
Not only the Voicemail, but also fall back options, internal directory, user status, etc, etc.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I'll wager they are embedded at both sites. Having said that, not a single one of our customers has ever forwarded a voicemail AFAIK :)

Andy...[smile]
Thep said:
I have Preferred edition (vm pro)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

as he was not really listening what you were trying to tell him I thought more post in your favor would convince him for the scn option.

I didn't read anything beyond the first and last post (yours wasn't there) :)

Well, well, judging by the stars, I must be dead wrong on best practice IPO networking [smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

The way I look at it is this: If they only want to call back and forth, who am I to second guess their decision. We have several such sites that, for whatever reason, that's ALL they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back