Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1X Mobile Preferred Iphone IPO R9

Status
Not open for further replies.

exoset09

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2013
CA
Hello guys,

I have upgraded all my stuff (IPO + APP Server) to r9, everything works great exept the Iphone application. I am able to connect with the application and make calls when I am in standard config, but when I am am in VoIP mode, the led turns orange and I am unable to make any calls even other ectension (It works from a pc). On the iphone app when pushing the orange led, message error is : "App.Registration.alert.Message".

Just to know if someone had the same problem.

Thanks

You did not configure the VOIP option correctly.
The user needs to have a power user license assigned. Mobile user is not enough.
The option voip for mobile must be enabled.
The option sip remote worker must be configured and the port forwarding must be done correctly.
Did you all do this?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hello Peter,

thanks (again) for your help.

The user needs to have a power user license assigned. Mobile user is not enough. --> Check
The option voip for mobile must be enabled. --> Check
The option sip remote worker must be configured and the port forwarding must be done correctly. --> Ok I think this is the problem, sorry for the newbie question but where do I configure "SIP Remote Worker" ? In the Manager ? About the port forwarding I don't think I need it, I just test it from my LAN (Wifi), I don't need to do it work from outside, but perhaps I am wrong :(.

You are wrong :)

The sip remote worker can be found on the LAN1 and LAN2 tabs.
Also the One-x Portal server needs to have FQDN and your IPO needs one too.
The DNS servers needs to handle this (split DNS) so that the SIP ports are forwarded to the IPO and the XMPP stuff is forwarded to the one-x server.
Get your hands on the one-x portal install doc and the IPO install doc and you will get it working.
It is not that hard to do this.

BAZINGA!

@ exoset, I'm having trouble with this as well, but all required IPO configuration changes have been made per the 1xp mobile preferred documentation.

@tlpeter, I'm trying to get this working from the remote network only so I'm using PAT on the resolveable 1xp domain name. app works just fine but when I enable VoIP mode, but get an error message "VoIP is experiencing problem in registering to server". When checking firewall logs, i never see any communication concerning a SIP registration (port 5060).

This leads me to think that there's something not configured on the 1xp app, but i can't find anything further than configuring the server ID of the 1xp server and enabling the voip mode.

Cisco-CCNA; Avaya- ACSS

Do you have one or two FQDN's ?
If two, do you have split DNS configured?

BAZINGA!

one.

the 1xp mobile app is configured with 1xp.company.com, and configuration in the firewall uses PAT to send 5060 traffic to IPO and all 1xp ports to 1xp server.

Another thing, what is the phone model you're using? I'm using an iPhone 4 v7.0.2

Cisco-CCNA; Avaya- ACSS

You will need two FQDN's and you will need to use split DNS otherwise it won't work!

BAZINGA!

where do i enter the second FQDN? we have one for the IPO (ipo.company.com), but where is it used/inserted?

Cisco-CCNA; Avaya- ACSS

Also, how is split DNS used here? I might have a shallow understanding of it's use, but I don't see how it's applicable here.

Cisco-CCNA; Avaya- ACSS

IPO has one FQDN and the one-x portal server the second.
For the IPO you put it on the sip remote worker section.
For the one-x server you out it under the IM section.
For split DNS you really need to read manual.

BAZINGA!

to clarify:

configure IPO.company.com under IPO configuration, LAN1 --> VoIP --> Domain Name
configure 1xp.company.com under 1xp admin login, Configuration --> IM/Presence --> XMPP Domain Name

correct?

Split DNS (as i understand it) means having my local DNS server resolve 1xp.company.com to the local LAN ip address of the 1xp server; and for remote workers, the public DNS servers resolve 1xp.company.com to the public IP address assigned to the 1xp server. Are you suggesting DNS SRV records? (currently we're using A records, which don't allow us to specify ports).

appreciate your patience btw ;)

Cisco-CCNA; Avaya- ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back