Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zero in DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackofficeEurope

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2007
BE
Our external phone numbers end in 031, 032, ..., 039. Our internal DNS are 100,101,102 etc (length 3)
I am now having a problem with DID which is not working (everything is routed to the attendant (100).

I would think that the Pub Received would need 031 but it will not accept the 0. If I enter 31 it also doesn't work. Tried setting the DN to 31 or 031 but both are not allowed because of wrong length or invalid number.

What can I do ? Except for changing our phone numbers which is not really an option.

Thank you for your thoughts

Its your Direct Dial Digit for your internal operator. Just clear that field and your golden.

Adversity is Opportunity

0 is the Att DN, change it to something else.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I have looked everywhere and found no attendant with '0' or maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

Being on a Belgian Dutch BCM we use the 0 as outside line, could this be the problem ?

Thanks
Mike

so you have 0 as a desti code? if so then yes that could be your problem.

Yes, you will need to use a different Dest. code, in America we use "9".

Adversity is Opportunity

You can make your Public Recvd. Digits be 4, and leave your internal DNs at 3. What is the digit before zero in your telephone #? In America telco can change your Public Recvd. Digits on the fly.

Adversity is Opportunity

I have changed the destination code to 9 (which is not usual in Belgium) and can now set 0031 as Pub Received.

The digit before 0 is .... 0 (280 00 30, 280 00 31, ...) Pub Received length is 4 and even though I have set the Pub received to 003x it still goes to the Alarm set (100).

Any thoughts ?

If you build a Target Line, which is what your doing when you insert Public Recvd., you then need to assign it to a DN, to Appear and Ring, or Ring Only. Also, you need to make the Prime Set that DN. It defaults at x100, with your numbering scheme.

Adversity is Opportunity

The target line (136) has been assigned to a DN (111) which has with control set (100) and Prime set (110)
Have set it to ring and appear
Priv Received (111) works fine internally
Pub Received (31) goes to control set
Pub number length is set to 2
Public Network code = 0328000
Have tried with length=4 and 03280 but no success either
All incoming calls still go to the control set.
Have rebooted the BCM50 but still same
DNIS (on the BCM monitor) is 32800031
Pub Oli = 31
Priv Oli = 111
I am lost!

First thing is you need to get with your provider and ask how many digits they are sending. Here in the USA I've had them send 4, 7, & even 10 by default, it all depends on the provider. Because without the proper rec digit length the call will always go to the prime set for the PRI.

You said that in BCM monitor it shows the DNIS as 32800031. Is it possible that your carrier is sending you 8 digits? If so set the rec'd number length to 8 and program the target lines with what you see from the carrier. This will hopefully clear up your problem.
Also make sure that you don't have any prime set programmed on the T1/PRI channels.

Found the solution:

Actually the above was not the origin of the problem. If the clock source is not set correctly (for a Belgian BRI) then all call go to the Prime station.

Unless you change this to the correct setting all the DID configurations have no effect. So for Belgium you have to set the Telephony - Loops - Clock Source to Primary External and then it works like a charm.

Thanks anyway to all of you who helped out

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back