Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Connection Sharing Troubles: not managing multilink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jer0070

Technical User
Mar 30, 2002
US
I have two desktops on a 100mbs network, both running XP. One computer has a DSL connection--ICS and ICF are turned on. The second computer can connect to the internet and browse some sites, but not all. It seems like some information is not being routed to the second computer. I have tried nearly everything I could think of--some combinations work better than others, but none fix the problem. I have activated 'negotiate multilink' under PPP, I have tried turning off the ICF. I have fiddled with the settings in IE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And for the truly technical--I would also like to connect my work laptop to use Nortel Extranet client to establish a VPN to my office--I ran Net Setup on the laptop (running win98) and can share files between the machines, and even browse sites with the laptop, but the VPN software always times out.

thanks in advance,
jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back