Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xfer problems when logged in HuntGroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbisw

MIS
Jun 3, 2008
There is a HuntGroup my client has which is setup in IP Office 4.2 between 3 sites. A person from each site can log into this HuntGroup (using a HotDesk account that is a member of the HuntGroup) and accept calls to the group.

However, when two people or more are on the phone in this same HuntGroup (not logged in, but active on a phone call) then someone trying to transfer a call from the HuntGroup to another ext. cannot do so. When it is one person using his/her line and xfers a call, it works just fine.

Voicemail is on for the HuntGroup and forwards to e-mail, the No Answer Time is 15 sec, the voicemail ans. time is 25 sec, the Group type is Collective, etc. Need anything more?

Sounds like voice networking channels are full up if as you say it's an SCN they are transferring across. How many do you have base 4 or more?

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Check with SSA to see if you have the warning that all your channels are full.

Could be a guess but do the phones have call appearances and how much ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Other users wouldn't effect your call appearences though? That was my first thought.

True but strange things happens without call appearances
Also there was a not about a 5610/21 or 1608/16 must have 3 call appearances and not 2

Well the phones in use do have 3 call appearances and are 5610's. SCN appears to be OK, no errors in System Status indicating anything is maxxing out...

What version 4.2 are you using ?
And do all sites have the same version ?

What system you looking at though? Bear in mind voice networking channels are only used outgoing so it's the central site with the PSTN lines coming in you need to also check.

Was only checking the System Status for the central site. And in checking the other site I found just 2 occurrences where "no free channels are available" and the last one was from about 5 days ago.

From another ACE, I got to check "Reserve Last CA" (under Telephony > Multiline Options) on all of the users to reserve the last CA for outbound calls. Gonna apply that to all of the ext's and see.

True, if you do not have those checked then another call steals it and there are no CA's left for transfer,conference etc etc etc

That could be your solution

They should have noticed that and told you though, passage of information really helps troubleshooting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back