Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

work with subform but do not alter

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULCALLAGHAN

Technical User
Sep 4, 2001
CA
I'm using Access 2000 and I've created a form with a subform. I have a procedure-to-position cross reference table. The form allows for input/additions to this particular table.

The first field is a procedure number. When the user makes a selection here the subform queries all positions that currently relate to that particular procedure.

This helps the user to determine if they have already entered a particular relationship. I turned off the tab stop for the subform so that the user does not interfere with this data.

My problem now is that this subform, which comes up in datasheet view, is to big for view! I want to allow the user to scroll and read this subform but not make any changes to it.

What settings do I need to change for this affect? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I believe if you change the properties of the subform to no Add, no Eduits, no Deletions, no one should be able to change anything of the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back