Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIPE CONFIG FOR 4630 PHONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBL110

Technical User
Nov 12, 2005
US
Hi Everyone,

We have one person who has a 4630 phone. We recently had to replace it because the switchook was intermittent. After setting it up, the user reports problems with the screen not refreshing, and when it idles out (goes to sleep) it locks up and requires it to be power cycled before it will work again.

Is there a way to wipe out the firmware so we can re-load from the TFTP server? Unfortunately we sent the old phone back to Avaya, otherwise I'd try plugging it back in to see if it has the same screen/sleep problems.

We're running CM 2.2. The TFTP files are from December 2007.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Scott

I would recommend wiping the phone from your inventory and replacing it with a 9640...

From my experience, those phones had many problems, and it was not worth the cost and headache time it took to resolve them.

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

This week (God willing) we're going to upgrade to 4.0.1. This will allow us to play with the 96xx and 16xx series IP phones.

Fortunately this is the only phone of its kind in our system. I was kind of hoping for a "back door" way of wiping its memory so we could re-load it. I think next week I'll just take it out back and shoot it.

Thanks for the info.

Scott

upgrade the firmware or downgrade the firmware
then put back on the original

We're doing the 4.x upgrade as I write this. I think I'm going to take 98Converter's advice and put the 4630 on a shelf. I've got a 9640 waiting to be activated, so I might make that the 4630's replacement. Thanks.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back