Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Vista incompatible with IP Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoz

Vendor
Jul 15, 2005
US
Nothing works on Vista OS until May (maybe).

"The lack of money is the root of all evil

Wrong perception... nothing is supported on Vista until the may maintenance release.
Thit does not mean it will not work, it only means that if you have a problem with Vista, do not call Avaya.
I have tested PM Lite/Pro ( not softphone ), SoftConsole and VM Lite/Pro on Vista with no errors at all.

Have you loaded Manager 3.2 and Microsoft .NET 2.0 V-Mail pro on to it and accessed the IP Office and all worked?
If it worked then I need to do some more research and testing in the matter.
Thanks for your reply.

TheDoz,

I don't know if this will apply to your situation or not but it is worth a try. Navigate to PhoneManager in the Start Menu, right-click and select Run As Administrator (regardless of your privileges). I have found that I need to run certain applications at least once this way. Usually you can resume launching programs normally after this.

ipo412user,
I have not tried using Phone Manager Pro on Vista.
Before I upgraded my 406V2 ver. 3.2(54) to ver.4.0.5
I wanted to see if I could load ver. 3.2(54) on my laptop which is a Vista,and see if Manager and V-mail pro would work properly with IP Office unit. It would not load .net framework 2.0 but 1.1 would load. When I loaded everthing up on laptop I get error's when pulling the config and v-mail would not run properly. If any one has got these working on a Vista OS, please let me know.
Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back