Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Explorer Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKZ

Programmer
Jun 27, 2001
US
We have an application that is compiled in VFP7. It runs fine with Windows 2000, but when you run it on Windows 98, the windows explorer crashes. I would appreciate if someone has a sloution for this. Thanks.

kkz

Can you specify at what point it crashes? Report? Opening a form? Network? Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

The user is complaining that when you you double click on shortcut to run the application, it gives you message regarding Windows Explorer (at this point explorer crashes). When you close the application, the whole system crashes. We don't have this problem anywhere else. We have many clients and they are all on Windows 2000. Hope this helps you understand the problem. Thanks.

KKZ

Was there a proper installation done? Meaning with Install-Shield or Windows Installer, that would install all the up-to-date runtime files and Windows components required to run the application?
Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Yes, and basically I had this problem before when I was working with another company. I was using VFP5 at that time and Windows Explorer was crashing when we run application on windows 98. However, I would re-install and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back