Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Explorer - Browse

Status
Not open for further replies.

itflash

Programmer
Jul 18, 2001
GB

Hi all

My application needs to have the ability to browse file/folders (local/network files/dirs) in a windows explorer style on a form. I need two of these on a form and need to move files between them.

Have played with various things, including treeview and windows web browser control.

Also thread184-675990 was very useful for understanding the drag-drop.

Whats the best way. I like the web browser control but when I double click a folder, it opens that folder in a new window instead of changing dir in my form.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Many thanks
ITflash

OK - more info.

My application is to run on a Windows 2003 Terminal Server environment and guess what, it works fine on there.

Tried it on a Windows 2000 Server, doesn't work.
Tried it on a Windows NT SP6, doesn't work.

Something with Windows 2003 Server makes it work.
Saves so much time and would make things so much easier if the thing would flaming [flame] work on all OSs.

Can anybody else give it a try on different OSs? I think it is something with the Internet Explorer version because Windows 2003 has a later one. Also, all events work (beforenavigate2, etc) whilst on my machine they do not work for local browsing.

ITflash
[flame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back