Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will I lose my PRI Keys if I do a Sytem Startup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy8s

Vendor
Apr 19, 2011
US
Good Morning,

I did an upgrade last week that turned into a disaster for my customer.

A station module failed during the upgrade but unfortunately I backed up the system before realizing what had happened and we reloaded a corrupt backup of the program and now there are conflicts in the programming that can't be resolved.

We won't be changing any equipment BUT, if we do a system startup to rebuild all of the data, will we lose our PRI keys

Thank You in advance!

~Melissa

I have the PRI enabler code, it was entered after the upgrade, so long as the system ID doesn't change, I should be able to reinstall it.

Is this correct?

As long as your system configuration isn't changed before doing a STARTUP the system ID will stay the same and you can re-enter your PRI Enabler keycode. If the worst should happen and the system ID jumps, Avaya will issue you a recovery keycode.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

I won't be changing any hardware configs, so we should be then.

Thank you for your help guys!

You're a Godsend! 💜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back