Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIERD SITUATION- Web Interface issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bran2235

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
Hello everyone...

I am running WI 3 and CSG 2 on the same box. EVERYTHING is running awesome.

I went to show a user how to log in to the page, choose his apps, etc. from inside / on the WAN so he'll know how when he gets home- HEre's what happened:

I shadowed him, opened his IE (from a published desktop)- went to the WI page, logged in as him, his applications loaded perfectly- When I clicked the app to launch, it went thru the normal processes, "connecting" etc. and then BAM! Everything just stopped. I was left at the WI page. The app never loaded after I clicked it...!!! ??????

This works logged in as an admin on the same MF, and logging into WI as admin on the same box.

I also was able to do this: Log into the box as admin, but logged in as this user on the WI page (not admin)- everything worked fine!

WHY can't I log in as him on the box and then log in to WI and have it work??????

Any Ideas???
Thanks,
Brandon

I doubt that the upgrade had anything to do with it I just included it in case it may have.

When clicking an app to launch, it goes through the normal processes, "connecting" etc. sometimes it works, sometimes it stops at "connection in progress" usually it stops right before displaying the app. Obviously the WI page stays open. The app never loads it usually draws a window - you can see the basic blue background but the apps never starts. The server thinks it has launched it (it shows up as an active program in management server window). It can happen to all of our Published Apps and to everyone (regardless of access level) but is not consistent in what app it happens to nor wither it even has a problem... to sum it up it is as if it never draws the app in the window but it has enough done that the server itself' thinks everything is fine.

We had a very same problem, in the end it turned out to be our web client and ica client version were to blame. after two weeks of head banging and tinkering with the server, i upgraded our web client from ver 7.01 to ver 8 and the same for the desktop client. and everything worked great.

users who had the problem were upgraded and everything worked fine.

May I suggest that you guys start a new thread....

Thank you!
Bran2235

OK FOLKS READY FOR THE ANSWER?????

While working on another issue, I re-installed FR3 and wha-lah!! It now works.... man, is there any records set for the longest thread???? :)

Cheers!!!
Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back