Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIERD SITUATION- Web Interface issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bran2235

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
Hello everyone...

I am running WI 3 and CSG 2 on the same box. EVERYTHING is running awesome.

I went to show a user how to log in to the page, choose his apps, etc. from inside / on the WAN so he'll know how when he gets home- HEre's what happened:

I shadowed him, opened his IE (from a published desktop)- went to the WI page, logged in as him, his applications loaded perfectly- When I clicked the app to launch, it went thru the normal processes, "connecting" etc. and then BAM! Everything just stopped. I was left at the WI page. The app never loaded after I clicked it...!!! ??????

This works logged in as an admin on the same MF, and logging into WI as admin on the same box.

I also was able to do this: Log into the box as admin, but logged in as this user on the WI page (not admin)- everything worked fine!

WHY can't I log in as him on the box and then log in to WI and have it work??????

Any Ideas???
Thanks,
Brandon

Ok,
My 13 Citrix Servers are all Windows 2000 Server

My WTS Licensing server is a Windows 2003 Server

The TS key on my Ctx boxes show the right server for TS Licensing. I checked this ages ago.

There is no clients here in my scenario- Here's the breakdown again what the problem is:

All my users use Neoware applicances (thin clients) to log onto a Published desktop-
(Here's the prob): User logs into their published desktop,
Open IE, browse to WI login page- Their apps fill the Applications Window, They click the published app (which is a desktop again) and then the problem happens-

Connection in progress, Negotiating Capabilities... then that splash screen just disappers! Goes away and all you see is the WI page.... ????

Thanks!
Brandon

CDot,
I have seen that article before- thanks. The permission settings on the key(s) are Full for Admin and Read for users. This is on both the 'failing' servers and the 'good' servers...

All my Servers have the same key in the Store Key (License000).... If this is a licening issue, then wherelse is there to look? My servers are identical... ??

create a new user , and check the behavior of the new user ..

Mohamed Farid
[green]Know Me No Pain , No Me Know Pain !!![/green]

Thanks netwalker-
I created a new user and the same thing happens:

Log into CitrixServer 10's Published Desktop as Normal user (from my PC using PN 8.1)
In their session, I open IE, browse to WI page and log in as them,
Their apps load the page,
I click on the Published desktop in the Apps window,
Screen says "connection established, negotiating..." and then just completely haults!

I can feel your pain.

I would be expecting to see errors on the citrix server, if it was licensing, however export the following key, just in case and then delete on the client box.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing and then reboot the PC.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

remember, there are no PCs in this scenario! All thin clients. Should I still remove the key from my MetaFrame?

cheers,
Brandon

How do you debug this type of thing?? What exactly is happening at the "connection established, Negotiating Capabilities" screen?? This is where it haults (?)

Thanks,
Brandon

No not from the citrix server. Do not delete that from there
What is happening is that it has made a connection and it is testing out the screen res and the client printers and stuff.
When it does that is there anything happening at the CMC,, you should see the client at least coming in.

Cheers
Scott

OK UPDATE:

I logged into a Published Desktop using my PC (w/ PN 8.1) as a standard user;
Their desktop loaded;
From their desktop I launched IE;
Went to WI page;
Logged in as the same normal user;
Apps window was loaded w/ thir published desktop icon;
Clicked the icon;
Splash screen came up: Connection established, Negotiating capabilites;
It sat there while I checked the CMC for anything- Nothing!
Went back to the session and I saw it just disappear!!
When I closed the WI / IE page, there was an error message: The Citrix Metaframe Server is unavailable, please try again later
I clicked ok- and it went away...

IS THIS HELPFUL??

Try to Telnet on port 1494 ..
check if u can reach it or not ..
do this with you as an administrator , and with u as a normal user ...

It seems that the normal users can't connect to this port !

Mohamed Farid

He can connect using PN so 1494 is working.

Cheers
Scott

What is the privilage on IE Folder ?
What is teh privilage of Document and Users Folder ?
what is the privilage of the system user on these folders ?

Mohamed Farid

OK, Here it is:

M:\Program Folders\Internet Explorer:
USERS (servername\users)
Read & Execute
List Folder Contents
Read
SYSTEM
FULL

M:\Documents and Settings:

USERS (servername\users)
Read & Execute
List Folder Contents
Read
SYSTEM
FULL

Can u just add Full Control for USERS to the two folders I specified and test again ..

Mohamed Farid

OK, NOTHING DIFFERENT (!?) Same thing happened:

Froze at "Connection Established, Negotiating capabilites"

Is anything happening in the CMC when you try to connect the state should change and you should see something use the F3 key for refresh.

Cheers
Scott

I have watched the CMC and I never even see the connection (user's name appear) take place! Should I be looking for something different?

I watch in the sessions tab, watch for the connection there it may be blank but should go Connect then spawn an ICA session.

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back