Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which RAD for NRU 10 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2Xprt

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2002
US
I've got an older RAD left over from a pervious 616 system. I've got the NRU 10, can I use this to hook into the MICS (6.1 Non XC)? I plugged it into a station port on the MICS and I can access the RAD from any set. But I get errors when trying to connect thru PC. Do I need a FastRAD to use NRU 10?

For software version 6.1, you need NRU 10.0. You can get it on Nortels website. As for the rad I don't know. Try getting Nru 10 and try it. If that don't work you most likely need the combo of Nru 10 and a new rad.
Hope that helps.

Kevin

You need a FastRAD with firmware update, or a FastRAD2 for your system according to the compatibility chart.

MarvO said it

MarvO, thanks for the info. What firmware update should I be looking for in a FastRAD. I will have to look for one now and want to make sure I get what I need. Is there a revision number or something? If I cannot find the FastRAD with the firmware I need is it available somewhere and how difficult is it to flash the RAD?

Thanks again.

If you already have a fast RAD, I can get the firmware upgrade to you. The old (bigger case) RADs will not do the trick at all.
Post some kind of e-mail address that I can get it to you on and I will send it to you. It will probably be sometime Monday before I get back in here, so if you need it sooner, perhaps someone else will send it your way if they see your post back.

MarvO said it

I know this is a year later, but Marv can you send me the firmware upgrade, if you still have it. I just ran into an issue with an older Fastrad, you can send it to louie@4vertex.com Thanks.

Louie Roldan

Louie,
I will try to get it out to you this evening.

MarvO said it

Marv,

Would you be so kind as to mail me that upgrade???

[bigsmile]

I have a similar set-up at the office and would like the upgrade.

rwilliams AT amcp DOT com

Thanks!!!

Rick Williams "Doctor Dialtone"

Dr.
It will go out in tonight's mail.

MarvO said it

Marv, would you be so kind to forward me the update as
well. I'm having a similar issue with my fastrad. I can
be reached at tims@LightWireTechnologies.com.

Thanks
-tim

Tim Sampair "LightWire

MarvO

Would you be so kind and send me the update also

Roy@CoastalComm.net

Many thanks..........

Marvo,

Can you send me the upgrade also when you have a chance.

Thanks in advance,

Arnie

info@northshorecomms.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back