Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which of the following will be better in regards to salaries: 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassoon12

Programmer
Aug 15, 2009
US
Which of the following will be better in regards to salaries: VB.NET or JAVA. I have a little (i stress LITTLE) experience in both. I just recently graduated from college with a BS in computer science and Im doing some research to see how I want to sculpt my Professional future. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time, David

I really wouldn't kmow. My guess is that the difference is neglectible. I would rather ask myself which of the two languages (or another one) I would rather find myself programming in for a few years.

+++ Despite being wrong in every important aspect, that is a very good analogy +++
Hex (in Darwin's Watch)

Which every one you enjoy will be the one that makes you more money. If you don't enjoy the work you won't get good at it, and you won't make it into a senior level role which is where the better money will be found.

Denny
MVP
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)

My Blog

Both. Know both of them. Embrace both of them. Be good at both of them. Add C# to the mix. If you stay in IT long enough, you will not only program in your chosen language but will have many chances to learn others. If you really enjoy development work, no language will be a barrier and you will welcome the chance to learn others.

The more you know, the more marketable you will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back